By introducing students to new learning strategies, students are primed for better attitudes in the classroom due to improved self-esteem and confidence in learning. To achieve this, attendees are exposed to several hands-on active learning techniques, such as simple active and collaborative learning, discussion questions (DQ), think-pair-share (TPS), and Jigsaw. During this 1-day active learning workshop, participants will be given sufficient time to uncover which strategy best suites his or her learning style.
- Familiarize participants with research that supports active learning techniques in academia
- Gain a thorough understanding of each technique
- Evaluate circumstances in which specific techniques are most appropriate
- Examine the pros and cons for each style of active learning
- Determine which techniques can be best-applied to specific courses.
Who Should Attend?
- Faculty and Staffs in higher education
- K-12 teachers
- Graduate Students
- Whoever has interested on professional development
Photos from Previous Offerings
Previous Offerings of This Workshop
|Saudi Aramco Summer Program for Science and Math Teachers||Saudi Aramco||21/07/2009||Teachers and Education Supervisors||Arabic|
|Pre-Teacher Certification||SciTech||14/02/2013||New Teachers||Arabic|
|Professional development of general education teachers||The Scientific Office for Community Service Project||21/4/2015||Teachers, and Supervisors||Arabic|
|Professional development of general education teachers||The Scientific Office for Community Service Project||5/5/2015||Teachers, and Supervisors||Arabic|
|Academic Development||Education and Learning Center at KFUPM||21/08/2013||Faculty Members at KFUPM||English|
|Academic Development of Faculty Members for the Preparatory Year at Taibah University||Ghadan Consulting||26/08/2013||Faculty members for the preparatory year at the University of Taiba||Arabic|
Language: English or Arabic